How We Got Started

=======================================



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 3, May 1... the Fun Continues

We accomplished a lot today... we've added onions, beans, radishes, beets, cucumbers and carrots to our garden. Our day was complete with tilling, scooping poop, watering, planting, and mending fences.


Although I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, I did manage to get a few excellent shots and lots of smiles.

Anna posing in front of the new cucumbers


Jody and I just finished planting the beans... we made a good team



Shane and Marlo did a great job planting the onions while waiting for the rest of the crew




The Allen men sure do know how to shovel this "stuff"...



I think we have quite a few pictures of Kevin tilling... does he not trust anyone else???




Noah worked so hard today... I don't think I saw him take a break



Yes, girls can shovel this "stuff" too. Nice form, Jods!



Still smiling....



The tomatoes already have buds on them!




I think Mitchell has had a long day... way to hang in there!







The kids absolutely love climbing this tree. I know it will be the best part of their whole summer. I don't know about everyone else, but Chiara and Pierce are scratched and bruised from head to toe from all the climbing (and falling). They couldn't be happier!



We can call it another successful day at the garden. Can't wait to meet back at the spot for some more work and fun. So glad we are able to do this together as friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment